Moosehead Breweries Limited is Canada's last-major brewer still owned by Canadians. Headquartered in Saint John, New Brunswick, the company has been operated by the Oland family since it was established in 1867.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Brewer for our new 20 barrell small batch brewery. The role is based in Saint John, New Brunswick, reporting to the Manager of Brewing Operations. This hands-on role manages all aspects of brewing from ingredient evaluation and supply to brewing, packaging and QA.
What you'll do
- Managing all aspects of brewing from ingredient evaluation and supply to brewing, packaging and Quality Assurance.
- Maintaining process consistency
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Manage all aspects of a unionized brewing team
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement
What you'll need
- A college degree in a science-related field, and a brewing education from a qualified program
- A minimum of 5 years hands-on and supervisory experience in a production brewery
- Good working knowledge of Brewing Safety, Housekeeping and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Supervisory skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Some experience with QA analytical procedures
- Kegs, cans and bottles packaging experience
- Recipe formulation experience
- Solid familiarity of classic and newer beer styles
- A great sense of humour coupled with a natural ability to speak in public
- Embraces the opportunity to educate others
- Available to travel for training and to represent Moosehead at various events
- Strong problem solving
- Good active listening
A little bit about us
Moosehead Breweries Limited
Moosehead Breweries Limited is the last major brewery in Canada still owned by Canadians. The brewery is located in Saint John, New Brunswick and operates with values that have been safely guarded by the same family since 1867.
Despite obstacles, devastating fires, Prohibition, the Great Depression, two world wars, obstructive trade barriers, and bruising competition from breweries 100 times its size. Moosehead is one of the most durable and long lasting companies in Canada. Ultimately it has been the Oland family's passion for beer that has enabled them to be successful over the long term.
With their product on beer shelves from Newfoundland to B.C., and its flagship Moosehead Lager shipped to approximately 350 distributors in the U.S.; Moosehead has become an iconic mainstay in North America's beer industry.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly passionate beer ambassador who has demonstrated solid technical and creative abilities along with mechanical aptitude, planning skills. Enjoying interaction with the public and demonstrating a natural curiosity for industry trends will be required. This is a one-of-a-kind chance to join Canada’s most storied independent brewery and make a direct contribution in shaping its future.
Moosehead Breweries Limited appreciates the interest of all applicants; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.