Summary: Are you a veteran of the advertising or marketing world open to a new and exciting challenge? Do you have a solid understanding of the needs and personalities of those involved in the production of commercials, music videos, and similar short-form content? Do you love interacting with people in the industry and helping them solve problems? Do you love fielding rapid-fire requests swiftly and without missing a beat? If so, you might be the rock star we are seeking…
The opportunity: Vanguarde's Commercial division is a leader in the representation of cinematographers and production designers for work on high-end short-form content including music videos, television commercials, brand advertising, and online marketing videos. Our primary aim as artist representatives is to develop our clients in their careers by securing and negotiating work opportunities with the producers of this content. We are expanding and looking to add to our team of high performers!
Who we are: Vanguarde Agents Management represents many of Canada's most sought-after showrunners, screenwriters, directors, cinematographers, line producers, editors, production designers, and composers. With a thoughtfully curated roster, extensive producer and broadcaster relationships across Canada, and strategic alliances internationally, Vanguarde is uniquely positioned to build, grow, and individually shape each of our clients' careers. The Vanguarde team prides itself on representing artists at all stages of their career from emerging to veteran and everything in between.
What you'll do
- Serve as first point of contact with clients and executives in the commercial market.
- Respond rapidly and completely to in-bound opportunities.
- Cultivate relationships with commercial producers and in-house production at advertising agencies (i.e. the buyers)
- Identify prospective commercial cinematographers and production designer clients.
- Manage holds and bookings on job opportunities for clients.
- Prepare custom client reels for submissions on project opportunities.
- Maintain company tracking records of opportunities, submissions, payments, etc.
- Maintain client resumes, reels, and other related paperwork.
- Coordinate with producers to collect our clients' completed work.
- Correspond with clients and producers regarding the administration of payments.
- Prepare, distribute, and verify accuracy of statements to clients about payments.
- Manage social media as relates to commercial clients.
- Stay on top of trends and changes in the advertising and media industry.
What you'll need
Qualities we're looking for…
You'll be a great fit with us if you possess the following:
- Experience: You have 2+ years in advertising in an agency or in-house (creative services, media sales, brand strategy, communications, etc.)
- Sales orientation: You have demonstrated comfort in sales and account services.
- Personality: You're known to be outgoing and professional with the ability to cultivate the trust and confidence of buyers, clients, and employers (i.e.us!) alike.
- Responsiveness: You take pride in being proactive and organized with the ability to juggle many tasks requiring fast and comprehensive responses.
- Working knowledge:
- You understand the creative services side of advertising and media.
- You know the landscape of commercial and music video production companies as well as in-house teams at advertising agencies.
- You are familiar with physical production and specifically appreciate the role of cinematographers and production designers in that process.
- Relationships: You enjoy work relationships with key people in the industry particularly the buyers of our clients' services.
- Education: BA/BS from an accredited University or College preferred.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
VANGUARDE ARTISTS MANAGEMENT
Vanguarde represents many of Canada's most sought after showrunners, screenwriters, directors, cinematographers, line producers, editors, production designers, and composers. With a thoughtfully curated roster, extensive producer and broadcaster relationships across Canada, and strategic alliances internationally, Vanguarde is uniquely positioned to build, grow, and individually shape each of our clients' careers. The Vanguarde team prides itself on representing artists at all stages of their career from emerging to veteran and everything in between.
We believe that great artistry and creativity deserve intelligent career management and strategy.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- We play a critical role in the film and television industry helping opportunity meet talent.
- Artist reps have a diverse skill set that is coveted across the Entertainment industry.
- Compensation combines a base salary with meaningful performance bonuses.
- Opportunity for growth in professional and material terms is not limited.