First things first: have you heard about "music"? Yes? Awesome, we're already halfway there.
The other half is trickier. We're looking for an experienced, demonstrably competent Android developer to help us build and improve AmpMe, which is, as you know, probably the best music app in the history of the world.
Your primary focus will be the development of new features and their integration with our core music synchronization technology. Your secondary focus will be enjoying our fantastic office life. Your tertiary focus will be dance battles, which we take extremely seriously.
The app is a team effort, which means you will work in collaboration with other (inspiring) engineers and (exciting) developers. As such, we're looking for someone who plays well with others, and commits fully to collaborative solutions, design, and puts quality first.
- Very good knowledge of Java, Android SDK and mobile design principles (Material Design)
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Experience with audio, bluetooth and geolocalisation
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- A solid understanding of code versioning tools (Git)
- Gregariousness and a strong desire to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Communication skills in both English and French (an asset)
- Money (scaled to experience)
- Up to 10% yearly bonus, based on team performance. Bonuses can be wagered in karate duels but it is somewhat frowned upon.
- Stock options
- Health benefits
- Office toys -- good ones
- A brand new laptop. Your choice. That's right.
- Bragging rights when our app takes over the world
What you'll do
- Build AmpMe for the Android platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, build and ship new features
- Take data-driven decisions about the future of the app
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Document, design, implement and debug the accountant's Microsoft Office home edition. Also the app.
What you'll need
Education: College Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Language: English, French (an asset)
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Established in 2015 and born out of Montreal, Quebec (Canada), AmpMe has become the global leader in terminating awkward silences and turning the party up! We're building the future of music, and bringing people together.
Imagine being able to start a party anywhere you go.
Music has the power to move and inspire, and we're on a mission to bring a portable sound system to everyone, regardless of where you are and what device you have on you. The technology we're building brings people together in the real world, crafting unforgettable moments and ever-lasting memories.
As a team, we learn, we share and we break boundaries. Passion is the background music to our journey, and we're looking forward to having you along with us for the ride!
Diversity is something that we care deeply about, not only because we believe it makes us a better team, it also gives us more insights into building a consumer product that people will love. We're proud to count people from Canada, Spain, France, Iran, China, Columbia, Chile, US, Brazil and India among the team!
Finally, although we are serious about the work we do and the challenge we're undertaking, we collaborate with respect, humour and kindness.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Congratulations for making it all the way to the end.
These listings can get serious and tedious, and we?re anything but that. We?re committed to making a useful and exciting product, and we believe that requires a productive and exciting environment. Hit us up if you think you?re up for the challenge!