This is a position that will contribute to the diverse role of applying Resson's machine learning engine to multiple levels of agricultural data under observation. The successful candidate will provide analysis of imagery collected by Resson. This work will be carried out alongside machine vision and robotic systems engineers, corporate agronomists and agricultural operators. The candidate will assist in data management and contribute to the development of training sets for image processing algorithms.
What you'll do
Highlight of Responsibilities:
- Become familiar with all stages of potato plant growth including nutritional requirements, along with the identification of potato insects, diseases, weeds and the appropriate control options for each.
- Become familiar with the local soil types and their water holding capacities and understanding crop water requirements for each growth stage of the potato.
- Weekly scouting and geo-location of weed, insects, disease and nutrition issues as required, soil and petiole tissue collection.
- Perform a variety of specialized technical tasks such as assessing field site characteristics and managing trial establishment.
- Compile experimental and analytical data, prepare reports, analyze and discusses results and their interpretation with others. Maintain records and files.
- Timely reporting and maintainance a detailed logbook of activities.
- Maintain and operate GPS and UAV equipment.
- Visual characterization of image data.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Willing to assist with field-based scouting.
- Able to work long days and weekends when necessary.
- Effective organization and time management, with the ability to balance and prioritize tasks.
- Self-directed and self-motivated.
- Must be willing to learn new processes, agronomic practices, and other skills that may be required.
- Must be willing to travel.
What you'll need
Bachelor Degree in Agronomy & Crop Science
Bachelor Degree in Agricultural Science
Bachelor Degree in Agriculture
Bachelor Degree in Plant Sciences
Bsc in Biology or Life Sciences
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Resson helps large and small agriculture companies and agricultural service providers boost productivity and profits with near real-time predictive analysis for crop management. The company’s RAMAS ® Resson Agricultural Management and Analytics System ® integrates large scale cloud-based data analytics with sensor fusion and robotic platforms to provide agricultural producers with an unequalled view of crop production and field conditions. The RAMAS ® data driven agriculture solution analyzes crop metrics to assess crop status and health, providing operators with the information required to optimize agricultural operations, improve efficiency, boost yields and maximize profitability.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Resson is delivering leading predictive analytics technology to a fast-growing Agriculture tech industry. The successful candidate will play a key role in both the development and implementation of the Resson system, with the end objective to deploy Resson's system globally and to greatly impact the efficiency of production for agriculture operators world-wide.
Resson employees earn a competitive salary and are eligible for health, dental and other benefits.
To join the team at Resson, apply now!