We are accepting applications for the regular, full-time (1.0 FTE) position of an Administrative Support Professional. The Home Base Site location is IWK. Successful candidate will report to the assigned manager. Schedule to be determined. The Administrative Support Professional is responsible for providing clerical support services within the Centres in accordance with clinical standards and procedures. In addition, s/he is responsible for assisting and establishing a positive rapport with the general public and medical community.
This is an NSGEU Bargaining Unit position. Please quote the Posting Number FO0717 when applying.
Note ? All offers of employment will be conditional upon receipt of a pre-employment medical questionnaire, results of, vulnerable sector search and child abuse registry search, policy sign-off, and references - all to be satisfactory to the employer. Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
When applying please esnure that you include the following information:
- a resume
- a cover letter
- three professional references
- a completed NSHSC online application form, which is available for download at http://www.nshsc.nshealth.ca/sites/default/files/Employment Application - April 3 2013.doc
What you'll need
- Successful completion of a recognized business/secretarial program
- Excellent communication skills, including proficiency in written and spoken English. If English is not your first language further documents will be required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a wide variety of clients and professionals
- Demonstrated good organizational/workload management skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with providing services to the general public and medical community
- Flexibility to travel on occasion to attend continuing education, events and/or meetings
- Candidate will have to demonstrate current immunization and/or boosters at the end of the probationary period
- Working knowledge of Nightingale computer system
- Minimum of one year experience with reception and general office duties
- Experience scanning and uploading of client documents
- Medical terminology education
- Experience working in a team environment
A little bit about us
Nova Scotia Hearing and Speech Centres
Nova Scotia Hearing and Speech Centres (NSHSC) is a program of the provincial Department of Health. Established in 1963, NSHSC works to prevent and reduce the impact of communication disorder for Nova Scotians.
We are proud to offer:
- Salaries commensurate with experience and excellent benefits package
- Continuing education opportunities
- Opportunities for relocation
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Start Date is ASAP and Posting To Remain Open Until Filled