Posted October 25th 2017
- Role: 3D ANIMATOR
- Job Type: Full-Time Contract
- Location: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
Are you a 3D Character Artist who enjoys solving problems, learning new technologies, and working in a dynamic collaborative environment? Would you like to be able to make your mark on a project and play a major part in game creation?
Albedo is looking for a talented Artist who will work on all aspects of a game’s visual design; from the art, animation, and design to the UI and UX aspects of game interaction. The ideal candidate has solid experience in modeling, texturing and animating characters as well as other assets.
A solid art foundation is and keen visual aesthetic is essential
- Create complete art assets; from initial design to in-engine optimization
- Modeling, texturing, lighting, rigging, animating of characters and environments
- Create high-quality visual effects using shaders and particles
- Use creativity and visual storytelling to solve problems in game design
- Work closely with engineers and designers to work out technical challenges pertaining to the art pipeline
- Help us build the 3D art department: mentor, advise on hires, tools, etc.
- Art degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 Years Prior Experience in a related position
- High level of proficiency using Maya (3DS MAX) to create and animate fun and stylized characters
- Well-versed in Photoshop and After Effects
- Experience in Unity3D game engine (importing assets, animation editor, shuriken particle system)
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other artists and programmers
- Actively participate and offer creative solutions to both art and game design challenges
- Ability to produce concept sketches and quick concept edits
??ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCES
- Strong talent for illustration and drawing
- Knowledge of animation, lighting, and texturing.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with artists and programmers.
- Possess strong composition, color and design, typography and layout skills.
- Online art portfolio (Required) – This can be work related or personal projects.
How to Apply
If you believe that you are the right candidate for this position, please let us know by applying to the position. Please send a cover letter and resume via email.
Albedo Informatics is a Toronto-based game and application development studio with a focus on location-based gaming, augmented reality, virtual reality, wearables, and emergent digital technologies.
We’re currently building a platform called LARGE - an acronym for Location-based Augmented Reality Gaming Engine - and are developing a number of apps on the platform; including an AR/VR messenger and a RPG called SIGIL. It’s an exciting time to join us at Albedo, we’re growing quickly and are looking for enthusiastic and talented people to join us on our journey.